The Scottish Episcopal Churches

of ​Mid Argyll & Arran

 

St Columba's, Poltalloch

St Columba's, Poltalloch

​The church was built by Neil Malcolm of Poltalloch in the policies of his new mansion at Calton Mor, and was completed and consecrated in 1854. He settled an endowment for the stipend of the Incumbent and for maintenance of the building. The graveyard is a private burial ground.

The architect of the church was Thomas Cundy, Junior. He was surveyor of the Grosvenor Estate in London during the development of the residential area of Belgravia, and designed several London churches, including St Paul's, Knightsbridge, and St Barnabas', Pimlico. This is his only work in Scotland.

Further Information

Address

Luibs
Kilmartin
Lochgilphead
PA31 8QF

The church is situated on the Poltalloch Estate by the ruins of Poltalloch House.

Contact Information

Rev Canon Simon Mackenzie ​01546 602315

Email: rector@midargyllepiscopalchurches.co.uk

Mr Robin Malcolm
Duntrune Castle
Kilmartin
PA31 8QQ

Tel: 01546 510283

Email: Click Here to Email